Serve: first time guests to church
Connect: children are often shy or uneasy when visiting a new place and meeting new people; through this mission project they are reaching out to warmly welcome church guests who may also feel anxious or uneasy about coming to a new place
- construction paper
- markers, crayons, etc.
- stickers, etc.
- pictures of kids
- give each child a piece of construction paper to make a paper card
- on the front have children write “Welcome” or “Join Us”
- on the inside right panel, ask kids to write one thing they enjoy about church
- have kids sign the card with their first name only and age
- on the opposite side, glue a picture of the child
- distribute cards to first time guests as part of an overall welcome to the church